Thursday, April 3, 2008

Congratulations! You are now officially a Permanent Resident of Canada

Yehey!

I knew it! God will give it to me.It took me 3 years to finally reach this stage.So much has happened in my life.Sometimes I just think about my experiences here and they make me smile, sometimes tearful, and cringe for all the stupid stuff I did(believe me there's a lot).And a lot more to come.Makes me feel anxious and hopeful at the same time.

One chapter has been overcome.Oh how I will miss those nights I pray for this!

I'll start praying to be a Canadian citizen now! Still have 2 years to do it! :-)

Here's what happened.I woke up at 4:30am, took a 30-minute bath to wake me up,ate,dried my hair,etc. and left the house at 6:00.I reached Kipling station at 7:05.Went to the washroom twice to kill time.At 7:30am I went to the CIC office.There were 3 people there already, one a very talkative Filipina.We talked and at exact 8:00am the "cutie" called someone who was'nt there yet.Then the Filipina from another booth called my name.I went there and paid $490.Then she asked me to go to the "cutie's" booth. He just checked my passport, work permit, and asked if I have any child supporting back home; if I have a criminal record; and if I have been deported from Canada to which I said No! (of course! I'm even afraid to jaywalk!) Then he took my picture,asked me to verify the information written on it, made me sign it.Afterwards he said "Congratulations, you are now officially a Permanent Resident of Canada".Before that we flirted a little on the side he he he.